Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some things we see as we travel each day

Just wanted to let you all know that we have signed on an apartment, YEEEAAAAAHHHH!  We are more than excited!  This one was not furnished so we even get to pick out all of the furniture!  How fun!  The owner gave us a very generous budget and we can't wait to shop!  Hopefully we'll order most of it this weekend and hope that many things are in stock so that we can move in next week! So, we will finally have a place to call "home"!  Not sure of the exact address yet because of all of the things that you need to write down in a specific order, but I will let those of you who wanted to know as soon as I find out!
I have been trying to take more pictures of the everyday around here. These are some of the things that we see each day as we ride in the taxi from here and there!  I always have my camera ready because there is always so many interesting things going on!
Dad, this one is for you!  I know that back when we were little you were always good at packing many, many pumpkins on the blue ford or the pumpkin trailer but...I think this guy might have us beat!  UNREAL right?  And...he pulls this with his bike!  Amazing!  Do you think when he takes one strap loose the whole thing comes tumbling down like if you were to open a closet that you packed full of junk?  I'm am just amazed each day at what some of these people can pack on their little carts and carry!  I will get more pictures of what I'm talking about soon!

These next two are of the Carrefoure that I'm talking about all of the time.  It is their grocery store.  It is two floors that you have to ride an escalator up on to get to.  Yes, their grocery carts magically ride up the escalator too with out sliding or rolling!  I'll have to take a pic of that next time we go!  These are all sorts of guys waiting to take you for a ride home or wherever when you are done shopping!  We will definitely have to try one out sometime.  It is a motorized bike that drives it.  Too funny!



This is the closest thing that I have ever seen to a "Harley convention" in China!  No, just kidding!  This is all of the vespas, sprees, elites, scooters, motorcycles, or whatever they are called all parked outside of the Carrefoure!  Tons of them!

Yup, believe your eyes!  Delivery MCDONALD'S!!!!  Can you imagine how fat people in America would be if they couldn't even go and get their own McDonald's?!?  Hilarious!  Eric and I both bust out laughing when we say the guy ride off on his scooter with his big backpack with someone's order in it!  You name it, they deliver it over here!  I think that it is quicker than you actually having to get to a subway, ride a subway, then walk to the restaurant, and then return back home.  But seriously, McDonald's?  Not sure I can do it, notice I didn't say I wouldn't do it, but not sure if I can! By the way, Reese LOVED her nuggets and fries!


AAAAHHHHH, yes boys, Eric said that he is getting his scooter warmed up for all of you when you come to visit us!  I'm sure we could fit a few more on, don't you? We have seen up to four on one scooter, a dad, a little kid by his feet, and a mom on the back while feeding her infant!  Like I said, these people AMAZE me!


Must say that we had our BEST meal here yet so far, last night!  We ate a little known restaurant called PIZZA HUT!  Now I know what you are thinking, no it is NOTHING like the ones back home! The atmosphere was quiet and it really looked like fine dining in the restaurant! Not dirty and dingy! The food was DELICIOUS too!  First we had soup, two different kinds(potatoe and bacon, and vegetable and boy were they good! (Stay with me, I just said soups, weird I know at Pizza Hut but...) Next we had an appetizer of onion rings!  Eric's probably most favorite appetizer besides wings, but they didn't have any wings or breadsticks for that matter which I was hoping for, so we got the onion rings!  Again, delicious! Next was pizza, very good, tastes almost as good as the pizza hut at home but their sizes are way smaller here which is ok because we ordered so much food.  We finished our meal with two different pieces of ice cream cake.  Wow, what a meal!  We might have to go back sometime once we are finished working off that meal!


This picture is for all of the retired or close to retired age moms/grandmas.  Yes mom(Kathie), Eric said that he could just see you and Bev doing these kind of workouts with these ladies if and when you come.  No, just kidding!  It is interesting, it seems like many of the older adults get together and workout a lot!  This is a picture of a large group of women doing just that!  It might be a yoga/meditation type thing!  They were chanting and carrying on!  At first I said to Reese, "Look, it is a band!"  That was because they were banging on their little drums that were next to their hips, but obviously it was that!

The rest of these are just shots of a indoor play place at our complex that we discovered while Eric was negotiating our apartment!  Reese couldn't get enough and I'm sure Cambry will love it once she is more mobile.  As you can see, we wear poor little Cambry out each day!  She even fell asleep in her exersaucer while we were talking to Eric's parents on Skype the other night!

Well...I'll keep taking pictures of the things that we see day to day!  Hope you enjoy!
Eric, Marcy, Reese, and Cambry









3 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog and seeing all the pictures. Glad that you are adjusting so well. Tell Eric that while I appreciate the fact that he's already looking for some physical activities that your mom and I can participate in, I'm wondering if he could check out the price of scooter rentals b/c I think we would like to add that to our list of things to do. (we might even find room for you, Eric!)

    Reese - It looks like you are having so much fun in your play area!!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few things:
    1. That picture of Cambry falling asleep is precious. I just want to pick her up and cuddle!
    2. I've been to the Harley ralley in South Dakota and I can tell you that in fact yes, it does look much like that. Hopefully not as rough a crowd though:-)
    3. Please add me to the list of people who want your address. Abbie and I have been putting together a care package and I'm dying to send it out (if for no other reason that to stop arguing with her about not touching it everyday!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH....more pics! I love the pics you put on your blog. Looks and sounds like things are going well! I can't believe how big Cambry looks. She is so cute! I am glad to see that Reese is adjusting well. Take care and keep blogging!!! Make sure to email me your address once you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete