Thursday, April 14, 2011

IMPROVISING

Sometimes you just need to improvise!  Well...lately I feel like I have to do that quite a bit.  Whether it be with recipes, things in the apartment, things for Reese that I need to rig, or dishes that I DO NOT HAVE YET!  So fifth graders of years past...I didn't have a meatloaf pan to cook my meatloaf in.  I only took one 9X13 dish with me so I had to improvise...I dug down deep and remembered making all of our different rocks for our rock cycle.  Do you remember making the little tinfoil pans that we put our crayon rocks in to bake???  Well, I made a much larger one for my meatloaf!
It worked perfect!  I think my meatloaf actually tasted better here, not because of the sweet pan, but because of the onion I used!  But anyway...DELICIOUS!  I had to make another make-shift pan tonight for my chicken and rice casserole as well.  I wish I would have taken a 9X9 or just another smaller pan.  You may say, well go out and buy one, but many (most) people do not have ovens here so it is harder to find than you may think.  I'll keep looking though!  In the meantime, we'll just keep improvising! :)

1 comment: