Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You feel at home when you find the right Church!

Today I think I could honestly say for the first time that we felt like we were at home.  We went to our church service at 11am and it was Palm Sunday of course.  I didn't realize that the kids were going to take part in the service, so that was a nice surprise!  I was a little worried that Reese would be nervous getting up in front of such a huge crowd and singing and doing motions to songs and waving her palm branch.  Again, not in the slightest!  She just loves going to church and going to Sunday school and participating!  We also sang some great songs that you would all know, like "How Great Thou Art, and Victory in Jesus!"  When you have 500+ people it just sounds AMAZING and it literally brought tears to my eyes!  It just felt like home!  Eric and I love singing hymns like that, you know when everyone belts it out and you can just feel the hair on your arms raise up!  AAHHH, so nice!  The message was great as well!



I need to get a better camera, these shots are awful, not good at far away!  But at least I got them right?


Next Sunday we are going to celebrate Easter with a big celebration that our church is putting on after the service.  It has so many fun things for the kids to do!  There is a children's ministry performance, drama skit and lecture on the meaning of Easter, a HUGE Easter egg hunt, balloon clowns, two tumble gyms, a rock climbing wall, and more!  Reese is very excited and so are we!  This past week at church I was able to meet three moms that live in our complex.  Two of them are named Amy (how appropriate, God just keeps putting Amy's in my life, however, never will replace the BEST one! ;) ) and an Emily!  All of them have children around the same ages as us!  The two Amy's each have four and five children!  (Amy and Kurt, you are on your way, only 2-3 more!)  I did meet yet another Amy that lives here too, she is from Newaygo, Michigan and she has six children!  So it has been great getting to know new people and we can't wait to spend some more family time with them at this celebration!


1 comment:

  1. That is Fantastic! God is so good! I am so happy to hear that you and Eric found a great church and are meeting other Americans. Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete